Sunday 12 June 2011

University of Middlesex Art and Design Show

Recently I had the privilege of visiting the University of Middlesex Art and Design Show. This is a show that highlights the work of all final year art and design students, from photography to architecture.

The show was held at the Old Truman Brewery, just off Brick lane.

I went along to view the photography of Frances Jose (my sister) with some family and friends.




I also had a great chance to look around at the graphic design work and found this craft magazine moc-up. It really caught my eye with the lovely pastel shades and beautiful photography.









I also saw this beautiful display of vintage jewellery, including the most amazing hat pins, by Francesca Samels.









As I walked around I encountered some of the more eccentric work, like this man performing Karioke!




Last but not least I would love to draw your attention to this really inventive furniture designer. Using furniture as a social tool to get people talking Elizabeth Ret has created a bench that really addresses our ideas about social norms.









The bench is big enough for two and when sat on at one end the bench tilts like a sea-saw meaning that you have to get someone to sit with you, brilliant!

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment